‘All disease begins in the gut’ - Hippocrates
And that is why, ensuring you are mindful of what food you put in to your mouth, how you chew it, how your body digests and excretes it is so essential to your health.
A dietitian is qualified to help you understand how food and your body interact and how to make changes in your lifestyle so that you make the right food choices.
There is so much misinformation out there regarding diets, food, environment etc.
A dietitian will sit with you, talk about your lifestyle, culture, environment etc. and tailor a behavioral,
emotional and food plan that will work for you to lead and enjoy a healthy life.
Whilst a nutritionist may be an expert in food and nutrition, the term is not regulated. After taking a two-week course, or completing a degree,
an individual can call themselves a nutritionist. A dietitian’s role is more regulated then a nutritionist. For someone to call themselves a registered dietitian,
they must have completed a bachelor’s degree (most times a masters as well) along with a 9 – 12-month internship at a health care facility and pass a national exam.
They are then able to practice together with other members of the health care system and accept insurance.
Yes, currently accepting Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Care, Aetna, Oscar, Emblem Health, GHI and Fidelis.
* Although I am in contract with these plans, there are specific plans under each network that I am not in-network with.
It is the patients responsibility to check with the insurance plan before the initial session to determine if this practice is definitely in network with them, how many sessions will be covered,
if there is a co payment or a deductible to be met.
The initial consultation sets the ground work for your success. It is an allotted slot created to find out all about you, your lifestyle, likes, dislikes, habits and more.
We determine what you need to be doing to have a healthy lifestyle and how to implement this on a daily basis.
You will leave with your first practical goal to get you started on your journey to better health.
At each follow up session, together we will set different goals for you to reach at a pace that you feel comfortable.
At each session, we will determine if the milestones have been met by the parameters we have set by monitoring them closely.
The plan is that by the end of a 3-month period, you will be securely on the way to a healthier and happier you!
Just bringing yourself is enough. But, if you want a thorough examination of your health status, it is recommended that you bring your most recent blood work results to the first appointment.
I offer nutritional support for people with:
- Autoimmune diseases (diabetes Type l & ll, hashimoto's thyroiditis, arthritis, adrenal fatigue etc.)
- Cardiovascular diseases (high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc.)
- Eating disorders (binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, anxiety, depression, disordered eating patterns etc.)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (celiac disease, leaky gut, ulcerative colitis, inflammation, gluten sensitivity, crohn’s, diarrhea, constipation, diverticular disease, irritable bowel syndrome, short bowel syndrome, GERD, hiatal hernia, gastritis etc.)
- General health and wellness
- Hepatitis, gall stones, pancreatitis
- immunodeficiency disorders (AIDS, Cancer, Transplants etc.).
- Meal planning, shopping on a budget, food label reading etc.
- Nutrient deficiencies (anemia etc.)
- Neurological disorders (epilepsy, dysphagia etc.)
- Plant based nutrition (vegan, vegetarian etc.)
- Renal system disorders (renal failure, kidney stones etc.)
- Respiratory disorders (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, etc.)
- Weight management
Being willing to be open and honest about yourself and the rest will fall into place.
I find that majority of my clients reach their goals fastest when they see me on a weekly basis for a 3-month period.
This however, is not set in stone and it very much depends on each individual. Their needs, demands and lifestyle are all taken into account.
We all have days when we are embarrassed by what we eat. Sometimes, those days are every day.
Its normal! Breath in, breath out, be embarrassed and let go! It's up to you what you want to disclose and whatever you discuss is not judged and kept confidential.
I am more then happy to talk to your doctor if we both feel that it will be of benefit to you. The same holds true with anyone involved in your health and wellbeing.
If you wish to reschedule an appointment, 24-hour notice must be provided. There is no refund for cancellations.